These are the 9 ways to get IRS penalties abated:
1. Death, Serious Illness, Unavoidable Absence
2. Fire, Casualty, Natural Disaster
3. Unable to Obtain Records
4. Mistake was made
5. Erroneous Advice or Reliance
6. Written/Oral Advice from the IRS
7. Ignorance of Tax Laws
8. Reasonable Cause/Ordinary Business Care and Prudence
9. Undue Economic Hardship
The types of penalties that can be abated using a reasonable cause argument:
1. Failing to file a tax return
2. Failing to pay on time
3. Failing to deposit certain taxes as required
4. Other penalties as applicable.
None of this works without laying out the facts and circumstances that best win your argument! For qualified legal advise regarding penalty abatements, don't hesitate to call (866) TAX-DFNS (866-829-3367). We offer free 20-min consultations.
Over $71 Million in tax liability reductions in less than 5 years!
A full service law firm specializing in matters dealing with the Internal Revenue Service, Entity Formation, and Asset Protection.