Read this book a few years back, these lessons still hold true for me!
Here are 10 lessons from Meditations by Marcus Aurelius:
1. Live in the present moment. Don't dwell on the past or worry about the future. Focus on the present moment and make the most of it.
2. Accept what you cannot control. There are many things in life that we cannot control. Don't waste your time and energy trying to control things that are out of your control. Instead, focus on the things that you can control.
3. Be grateful for what you have. There is always someone who has less than you do. Be grateful for the things that you have, no matter how small they may seem.
4. Do your best. Don't compare yourself to others. Just do your best and be proud of what you have accomplished.
5. Be kind to others. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Be kind and compassionate, even to those who are different from you.
6. Forgive yourself and others. Holding on to anger and resentment will only hurt you in the long run. Forgive yourself and others so that you can move on with your life.
7. Live a simple life. Don't be materialistic. Focus on the things that are truly important in life, such as your relationships, your health, and your happiness.
8. Be true to yourself. Don't try to be someone you're not. Be true to yourself and live your life the way you want to live it.
9. Don't be afraid of death. Death is a natural part of life. Don't be afraid of it. Instead, embrace it and live your life to the fullest.
10. Be at peace with yourself. Find inner peace and happiness. When you are at peace with yourself, you will be able to face anything that life throws your way.
These are just a few of the lessons that can be learned from Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. It is a wise and insightful book that can help you live a better life.